Tricia Beal is part of the JoyRide family, and JoyRide is part of the Beal family. Tricia's husband, Andy "The Beast" Beal is an avid indoor cyclist as well. Here's her story.
1. When did you take your first indoor cycling class? July 6, 2011
2. What did you think of the class? My friend, Arlene, had told me she was addicted to JoyRide. I thought I would give it a try. I was blown away! It's interesting though, I never felt discouraged - I wanted more! The instructors are highly motivating and inspirational. They want everyone to do well and feel great about themselves.
3. What is your favorite part of class? What is your least favorite part of class? My favorite part is speed work (position one or three) by rows - Adreneline rush! And, my least favorite part of the class is when it is over.
4. What makes you a JoyRide junkie? I started by taking 2-3 classes a week. Now I can't get enough! I am a BEAR if I can't ride! I try to ride 5-6 times a week for a healthy body and mind.
6. What advice do you have for those who have never tried indoor cycling experience? Just DO IT! It is only 50 minutes out of your day and it is truly an amazing workout. I know I couldn't achieve the same fitness level on my own. Yes, there are some more experienced riders who are faster, but everyone is focused on THEIR ride. Many people share the same goal/ purpose: clear their minds and achieve a healthier lifestyle.
7. How is JoyRiding different from other forms of exercise? People are supportive of one another. It is difficult to get the same motivation from running solo, compared to the energy that 30+ people create. I always walk awaywith a positive attitudeand rewarding experience.
8. When not working your amazing body to peak performance at JoyRide, what else do you enjoy? Spending time with family, walking our 3 dogs, and listening to music.
9. What is your favorite song on your Ipod these days? A Thousand Years: Christine Perri and Brighter Than the Sun: Colbie Callait.
Thank you for the inspiration Tricia Beal!