Addiction: (n) the state of being enslaved to a habit because it brings immediate gratification and joy to such an extent that its cessation causes withdrawal and feelings of longing and sadness.
We typically think of addictions as something we should avoid. There aren't too many great ones to have. But, not all addictions are bad! In fact indoor cycling is a healthy way to ensure a good mood and a strong body. Riding in a dark room to rocking music makes you feel empowered and euphoric - and that is why riders get hooked and beg for more!
Top Ten Reasons Why JoyRiding is Addictive (don't say I didn't warn you!):
10. You Set the Pace: Riders control their resistance and speed. With a bit of dedication, riders will rapidly improve muscle endurance and form. Part of the addiction lies in the ability to get stronger and faster with each ride. Riders discover that they have capacity for great athleticism on the bike - and our bodies love to feel stronger.
9. Group Energy: Motivation in an indoor cycling class is both intrinsic and extrinsic. We push ourselves physically to the best of our ability, but we work harder than we would alone because everyone around us is en fuego. The excitement is contagious. The results surpass expectations.
8. Time Flies: The old adage applies to JoyRiding. When time passes quickly, you know you are having fun! Indoor cycling connects mind and body. When we are fully present, un-distracted, and stress-free, we are not watching the clock. In class you have 50 minutes to be uninhibited, to come alive in your body, and practice mindfulness.
7. Low Impact: Cycling is a low impact form of exercise. There is no pounding on the patella, no shock to the acetabulofemoral joint! Recovering from an injury? Wanna avoid an injury? Hop in the saddle. Plus, there is no age limit!
6. Strengthens Cardiovascular Health: With your legs riding to the beat of the music on flats and climbs, you build your heart rate (increase cardio endurance) and improve lung capacity.
5. Burns Calories: JoyRiding is one of the most efficient ways to burn off your quesadillas and chili dogs. In life sometimes, less is more. In cycling, more is more. Your ride is interval based and intense. The harder you push, the more you torch the calories!
4. Is Therapeutic: That's right! JoyRiding has a curative power. The pounds melt away and the mood lifts. Dedicated riders recognize that when they get their "fix" their day is just, well, a whole lot better.
3. Improves Mental Strength: Most addictions have a physical and psychological component. Indoor cycling is no different. We build muscular endurance and improve stamina when we challenge ourselves. Mental toughness is a key component to changing physically and translates to accomplishing endless goals off the bike as well!
2. Feels So Good: No other form of group fitness can compete with the way you feel after an indoor cycling class! It is an endorphin charge.
1. It's 100% Fun: Guaranteed!