JoyRide Across America (JAAM) is a four-week-long, team-building and friendly competition. Participants team up in groups of four and compete for "miles" from Connecticut to California. Get ready for some crazy fun! If you participated in the event last year, please note there can only be two of the original team members on one team again!
Here are the details:
Dates: Sunday, March 2 through Saturday, March 29.
- $25 entry fee to compete. All proceeds will go towards Spin Odyssey, the indoor cycling fundraiser benefiting breast cancer research. Checks should be made out to American Cancer Society and dropped off at the front desk.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with team name and members by 2/14.
- Teams must choose their hometown studio (where they ride most): Either Westport or Darien. Miles will count for classes taken at either studio, but teams are competing against fellow Westport or Darien riders.
- Each class at JoyRide (including cycle, circuit, sculpt, groove, pilates, go figure, and private training) counts as 20 miles per rider.
- If all 4 members of a team ride together for one class a week, the team earns an additional 10 points cumulative total per class.
- Teams cannot accrue more than 750 miles per week.
- Team points are cumulative amongst team members.
- Maximum number of classes attended each day is three, and only two classes can be taken consecutively (you will need breaks! maybe even shotblocks!).
- Team Captains will create teams and update team members on upcoming theme rides, standings, and assist in tracking points.
- Each week there will be two theme rides to earn an extra 10 points per rider. One theme ride will be held during the week and one each weekend.
- In the event that a team member is traveling during the competition, s/he may get mile credit should they take a cycling class at a studio outside of CT with a photo and newspaper (verifying date) sent to Rhodie. Maximum of 4 out of town classes can be credited.
- In the event that a team member will be absent for one of the weeks (pre-scheduled vacation, work obligations, etc) one team maember may chose an alternate who will "fill in" during his/ her absence. Only one team member can use an alternate and dates must be consecutive and cannot exceed a week. Dates and alternate's name must be submitted in advance.
- During the final week there will be a Tie Breaker among any teams who have hit 750 miles for all four weeks. The Tie Breaker will include extra points for:
- Photos of team members in JoyRide gear in local businesses;
- Photos with an instructor or staff member outside of JoyRide;
- Creation of a 30-second ad for JoyRide Cycling Studio;
- Bringing in/ introducing a new rider to JoyRide;
- All 4 team members attend a JoyGroove class;
- All 4 team members attend a class together in their non-hometown studio (Westport/ Darien);
- Paticipation in/ or fundraising for 2014 Spin Odyssey to be held on March 30 in Stamford, CT.
- Top teams during final week will receive WILD Cards during the final three days of the competition as extra challenge for FIRST PLACE! More info on TIE BREAKER during the final week!
Prizes for the winning Westport and Darien teams include:
Gift Certificate to a Local Restaurant of $400 value for your team!
GET READY, GET SET, JAAM ON!